Please note this is considered a living document, and will be updated as necessary
All Procedures have been developed in accordance with Alberta Health Service's indoor sport guidelines.
Class In: EFC will have a strict procedure for checking in to class. To ensure the safety of all, each fencer MUST:
1. Wait in his/her car until called to line up. Please come dressed to fence (whites) with a (non-fencing) mask
on to minimize additional contact with outside gear.
2. Line up on markers to stay socially distanced.
3. Be screened by the EFC employee outside of the building, including a forehead temperature check.
a. if a fencer FAILS the screening, the fencer MUST go DIRECTLY back to his/her vehicle and go directly home without stopping. An employee will follow up via phone with directions.
b. if a fencer PASSES the screening, proceed to step 4.
4. Enter the building and wash hands at the sink for 20 - 60 seconds. Remove mask, wash hands for 20 - 60
seconds. Please note this complies with Alberta Health Services' masking procedures.
5. Go into gym and sit at one end of a piste (fill back to front - a coach will be directing fencers).
**Latecomers might not gain admittance.**
** Please note the lounge area will be BLOCKED OFF, and NO fencers will be able to store equipment in
lockers this year. NO spectators will be permitted into the club. **
Class Out: EFC will have a strict procedure for leaving class. Fencers MUST:
1. Leave the gym one at a time (when called).
2. Wash hands at the sink for 20 - 60 seconds. Put mask on. Wash hands for 20 - 60 seconds.
3. Exit the building and go directly to his/her car.
In Class: Interaction during classes will depend on which phase the province of Alberta is in.
Phase 2: Activity will be modified to encourage social distancing. (For example, fencers will take turns doing
footwork drills from opposite ends of a piste.) Bouts may occur within small groups, with in-fighting
Phase 3: (To be officially determined by AHS and AFA guidelines) Activity slightly modified to encourage
social distancing. Bouts may occur within class cohort.
Phase 4: (To be officially determined by AHS and AFA guidelines) Activity returns to normal within cohort
Phase 5: (To be officially determined by AHS and AFA guidelines) Normal activity may fully resume, including
make-up classes in other time slots.
Equipment: Please view the equipment information page here.
Water and Food: Food, and the consumption of food will NOT be permitted in EFC at this time. If you/your child have
medical needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The water fountain will NOT be available. Fencers must bring their own personal, labelled water